Thursday, February 21, 2008

Review: Clint Sutton "Clint Sutton"


I got excited about this one when Absolute Powerpop pulled out the siren. I got even more excited reading the CDbaby page, seeing comparisons to Matthew Sweet, Superdrag, the Posies and Teenage Fanclub. Consequently, I think my expectations were too high and I am having difficulty giving this one a lot of praise. To me, this Clint Sutton CD sounds like a disc of Foo Fighters rarities and B-sides. Which is not to say this is a bad disc...that should actually be taken as a compliment for a budding artist. On the contrary, Clint does have a knack for writing catchy melodies and clever harmonies. In short, promising songwriter, not so sure I like his vocals. Steve - please don't revoke my powerpop enthusiast membership card!

iPOD-worthy: 1, 5, 10

Clint Sutton on MySpace.

No comments: