Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Review: Echo Jet "Echo Jet" (2008): free mp3


It figures...as soon as I find something I REALLY like, it disappears. It usually happens with a new candy bar, restaurant, shoes, etc, but it also happens with bands. Echo Jet is my latest new find that I was truly excited about. I go to their MySpace page to help write this review and read the following:

"Sorry guys, but our label could not get it together with the promotion of this record, so we decided to call it a day. We want to thank all the fans past and present for all your support. We just want to keep the music out there. ----Just email us at echojetfreemusic@aol.com and let us know what tracks you would like to receive. We will be glad to email you an MP3 free of charge. Thanks! EJ"
So the good news is that you can get free mp3 files, but the tragedy is that there may be no more new music from this outstanding modern pop rock band.
Echo Jet consists of Denny and Kenny Scott, formerly of Swirl 360. I was not a huge fan of Swirl 360, but could see the potential there, and Echo Jet affirms my suspicions of the greatness these guys would achieve with a little growth. The 2008 self-titled Echo Jet release is full of slick pop rock numbers that hit all the right notes. Harmonies, big choruses, great vocal performances, and wall of sound production define Echo Jet. Go get your free mp3s and see what I mean. Obviously for fans of Swirl 360 - but Echo Jet will also appeal to those who enjoy groups like American Hi-Fi, Evan and Jaron, Nine Days, or Safetysuit.

There really isn't a lame song in the bunch, but my favorites include "Chemical", "Something To Believe In", "Everybody". Note some songs, e.g. "California Blur", have been retooled from the original located on the Swirl 360 release of the same name. I hope these guys persist in some way, shape, or form...let me know!

iPOD-worthy: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11

Echo Jet on MySpace.

Check out the video for "Wave":

No comments: