Friday, April 4, 2008

Review: Haven "Between the Senses"


It cost me a penny to check out Haven, a band from England that has drawn comparisons to Radiohead and early U2. I'm glad I did not pay that much more because I don't see myself pulling this one back out of the rack very often. Their debut CD, "Between the Senses," was released in 2002 and spawned several hit singles for the band...in the UK. If you are into slow and lumbering (aka "atmospheric") rock, you might love Haven. The vocalist is quite good, and the comparisons to Thom Yorke are not all that misleading. The songs are just so boring and aimless that I found myself wishing they would just end. The notable exceptions include the lead off track "Let It Leave," the beautiful "Say Something" and "Beautiful Thing."

iPOD-worthy: 1, 4, 9

Check out the video for "Let It Live":

No comments: