Friday, August 31, 2007

Rare CD: John Parr "John Parr"

I can see a new horizon
Underneath the blazin' sky
I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher
Gonna be your man in motion
All I need is a pair of wheels
Take me where my future's lyin' - St. Elmo's Fire

Wait! You pay over $50 bucks for a John Parr CD and his best hit isn't even on it?! Well, that is one reason why we have this feature here on this blog. On his self-titled CD pictured here, you will find the inane top 40 hit, "Naughty Naughty." The good news is that if you want to hear St. Elmo's Fire now that I planted the seed in your head, the soundtrack is readily available in the bargain bins at most stores.

This CD (released in 1984) is out of print and hard to find, yet still heavily sought after by collectors and 80s music fans alike. I admit I would not mind getting myself a copy since, like most people, I did enjoy his contribution to St. Elmo's Fire and most of his 1986 effort, "Running the Endless Mile" CD (which, incidentally, is not so rare).

"John Parr" recently sold on ebay for $50. Not bad considering the cheapest used one is nearly $70 at Amazon. Too rich for my blood...


UPDATE 3-25-08: One sells for $43.31 on ebay (10 bids).

No comments: