Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rare Trax: Ben Folds "Still Fighting It"


Every Saturday at BMF we present rare or deep tracks from my collection for your listening pleasure, or perhaps for your amusement!

This week’s track is "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds from his masterful 2001 album, "Rockin' The Suburbs". This song was released as the second single but didn't really get the attention it deserves. This beautiful piano ballad is a father-son song, balancing deep thoughts about growing old ("Everybody knows it hurts to grow up") with the mundane pieces of everyday life ("You want a Coke? Maybe some fries?"). Brings a tear to the eye every time, "You're so much like me...I'm sorry. One day you'll fly...away from me."

1 comment:

fernando said...

in an amazing coincidence.. I will be performing this song at my baby shower for my son tomorrow... this , Cats in the Cradle, and Father and Son are the definitive Father Son songs of all time!!!