Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cover tune catastrophe: I Want To Rock And Roll All Night

In this ongoing series, I will uncover some of the WORST cover tunes ever recorded. We’ve all encountered that unsettling feeling upon hearing a beloved song redone by another artist. What were they thinking? How dare they try to redo this song! While we are powerless to prevent these clowns from trashing the originals, we can call them out on it.


Toad the Wet Sprocket – “I Want To Rock And Roll All Night” (Kiss)

For the record, Toad the Wet Sprocket is one of my favorite bands of all time…but what were they thinking when they did a slow-as-the postal-service acoustic cover of the greatest rock and roll anthem of all time? They play and sing this Kiss classic as if they were hung-over. “You drive us wild, we’ll drive you crazy” never sounded more insincere.



So what do you think is one of the worst cover tunes? Leave a comment and tell us - if it is bad enough, we might just write it up!

1 comment:

Lee said...

This one has never upset me, especially. I've had a copy of this album in my collection for years, since I love most of the bands featured.

Oddly, one of my favourite tracks is by an artist I normally wouldn't have much time for - but Garth Brooks makes a nice job of covering 'Hard Luck Woman'.