Saturday, March 1, 2008

Review: Feel "Steps to Reach A Human"


I am now convinced there is something deeply wrong with a world that does not let a brilliant singer and songwriter like Scot Sax rule the music world. Scot is the mastermind behind some of the greatest power pop and rock records in the last decade or so, whether they be by Wanderlust, Feel, or his solo work. I dare you not to feel better after putting on a Scot Sax record when you are feeling down.

"Steps to Reach A Human" is Feel's third release (2006), and contains 12 more tracks of their trademark jangle-pop sound and spot on harmonies. Most are acoustic-driven nuggets of sunshine that stick in your head for good after one listen. This release is a must for fans of the Jayhawks or the Thorns, but don't get the wrong idea...Feel is more pop rock than alt country.

As with virtually all of Feel's stuff, I cannot find a track that I don't like! But the stand-outs for me include "Pattern", "All Things To Everyone", and "Warm It Up".

I've noticed a trivial mistake on my CD and wonder if it holds true for all of them: songs 6 and 7 are reversed on the CD, as are tracks 9 and 10.

iPOD-worthy: all tracks!

Feel on MySpace. Scot Sax on MySpace.
Scot Sax - official site.

No comments: