Thursday, February 7, 2008

CD review: Paul McCartney "Memory Almost Full"

Oh, Paul. I was so looking forward to this, but now I see why the critics were warning us about this new CD of yours. I was optimistic after the near masterpiece that was 2005's "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard."

Where are the trademark McCartney hooks? Where are the cute melodies? Creative harmonies? Quality lyrics? It seems by and large on this effort Paul just repeats the same word over and over and over and over and over in order to get something to stick in our head. All it does is make my finger stick to fast forward.

Surprisingly few tracks stand out, including the catchy lead single, "Ever Present Past." Maybe I am expecting too much, but deeply disappointed. I also heard the three bonus tracks that come with the deluxe edition pictured above with DVD and all. 2 of the 3 bonus audio tracks suck ... there should be a law banning sucky bonus tracks.

iPOD-worthy: 2, 4, 12, 15

Paul McCartney - offical site.

Enjoy the single "Ever Present Past":

No comments: